Thursday, November 29, 2007

You, Me, and 3D

Every journey starts with a single step. And since this website is a journey I have thought of taking for quite a while, it makes sense to stop dreaming and start walking.

What am I hoping to accomplish with this site? Besides sharing stereoview photos of my trips down to Walt Disney World, I want to discuss the strong relationship between the Disney Company and 3D technologies, and the use of this technology in the entertainment industry. Nearly every one of the Disney theme parks has a 3D attraction, Disney and Pixar movies are produced in 3D versions that are released theatrically around the world, and View-Master reels and stereoview books have been entertainment basics since the 1950s. Stereo photography has always been of interest to me, ever since I received my View-Master Bicentennial Gift-Pak in 1976.

This site will also be a learning experience for me; with each new topic, both myself and my readers will hopefully learn something fun, interesting, and perhaps unexpected. I do not claim to be an expert on any of these subjects (more expertish), and, as my head fills up with the accumulated experiences of life, those little bits of Disneyana trivia tend to fall out of my brain. Or, perhaps that's from chewing on lead paint chips as a child (oh, the 70s!). But, I'll do my best to present accurate, informative, and amusing material that you can enjoy again and again. And again.

That journey I was talking about earlier? It's time to get moving. Attention: MARCH!

No comments: